Friday, 7 June 2013

APAV GADA

"Wii would like to play!"

Our second party was in July. We called it APAV GADA, a name that, unfortunately, only caught on with Erin and I. It meant A Party About Video Games And Drinking Alcohol. It started as a want to have a Pokemon party, but we decided to expand our audience. Our
decorations included:






  • Paper Mario Star Spirits
  • Nintendo icons (Coins, mushrooms, ect)
  • Portal Doorways
  • Rainbow road
  • Gaming stations
  • Minecraft tree
Our food included:

  • Triforce Brownies
  • Mushroom Muffin Tops
  • Pokeball sugar cookies
  • Star sugar cookies
  • Portal (orange and blue) jell-o shots

Erin and I thought of the most popular video games. Nintendo first sprang to mind, so in our prep week, we made 12 yellow coins, a red mushroom, a green mushroom, a star, and a fire flower. We hung most of them from the ceiling with silver craft wire (left over from Midsummer). I also made the 7 star spirits from Paper Mario and we put them on the wall.

We bunched up orange tissue paper and taped it to one side of the door, and blue tissue paper to the other side (Portal). We also covered the front hall floor in coloured paper as a rainbow road (Mario Kart). Lastly, we took the tree from midsummer, folded it into a box and made smaller green boxes to go on top to make a "Minecraft" tree.

I set up two gaming stations with TV's, N64s, PS2s, Xbox360, and Wii. People played all night.

The food was fun to do. I made butter scotch brownies and cut them into triangles to form Triforces. Erin made sugar cookies again, but made stars (Mario) and Pokeballs (Pokemon). For the stars, she added yellow food dye to the cookies. For the poke balls, she put red icing on one half with a brown M&M in the middle. We made more muffin tops, but iced them in white and used bottle caps to make "spots" while we sprinkled green sprinkles on top.

Our Jell-o shots were orange and blue.

We kept the normal lights up, and had music on low, as people were talking a lot.

Some costumes we saw were Haunter (me), Sims (Erin and a few others), Creeper, Skyrim adventurer, the two "Wii would like to play" guys from commercials, Generic Elf, Laura Croft, and more.

A very good success! My costume sucked because I spent more time on setting up than getting a costume ready, a lesson I would learn for the future.




Blue portal
Orange Portal

Termed "Rainbow Road of Death"

Jess and Erin (Back left)





No comments:

Post a Comment