- Green table cloths for walls
- "Jungle Fever" sign
- Garbage Bag canopy
- Green lighting
- Vine canopy
- Waterfall with smoke machine
- Tree
- Streamer vines
- Netting
- Feathers
- Candles
- Wire vines
- Worms in dirt (Gummy worms in pudding)
- Blue jell-o shots
- Sugar cookies
For the front hall, we put up green tablecloths to cover doors and the stairs (so people stayed on the first floor). I also hung garbage bags on the ceiling and drooped them to create a canopy. The light at the end of the hall lit the up from above and created a fun shadow effect. We made a sign similar to the Club King sign from Pseudo Rave that said "Jungle Fever".
We garbage bagged the ceiling in the living room too. Using pushpins and fishing line, we made a grid that hung about 6" from the ceiling. Using two different shades of green streamers, we twisted them into vines and hung them on the gird, creating a vine canopy. We erected the tree from Midsummer Party and used (better) green balloons for the leaves. We put a lamp behind it and shined it upwards to make the tree "glow". We took the rest of the streamers and, in alternating shades of green, taped strands down the wall to make more vines.
We made a waterfall in the "nook" area of the living room. I took two large pieces of cardboard and taped them to the wall. I took the gazebo grid lights from Midsummer and draped them on the cardboard pieces. I also places my fog machine (from Walmart around Halloween time) at the bottom. I then covered the lights with blue fabric and table cloths to create a water effect. I made a little pool at the bottom as well. I also used pieces of batting to make "foam". During the party, I would periodically spray the fog mating for effect.
We put the wire vines from Midsummer up in the kitchen by wrapping them around cupboard handles. We spread out the netting over the hutch in there as well. We spread out a number of feathers from the dollar store and a few tea lights for atmosphere.
Our worms in dirt was a layer of pudding mixed with gummy worms and a layer of cookie crumbs. It was a big hit, if a little messy.
This party was a HUGE success. We had the most people yet. We received a call from the neighbours asking us to be quiet, so mew quieted the music and moved the tablecloth blocking the upstairs so we could spread out the people, thus the noise. We regretfully did not take pictures this time either. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment