- Garbage bag walls
- Garbage bag doors
- Black lights
- Glow sticks
- "Club King" sign
- Sugar cookies
- 2 layer jell-o shots
I had ordered 300 glow sticks from online. Big mistake there. It would have been cheaper to get the 15 piece tubes from Michael's for $1.50. I also ordered 3 black light incandescent bulbs, one of which was shattered on delivery. I have since learned to never use those types of bulbs again. They get REALLY hot and do not work as well as the fluorescent ones. We used two bulbs, one above and one to the side.
Before the party, Erin and I moved all the furniture out of the living room to give as much dancing room as possible. We left the couches in the "nook" for resting. We moved the table into the kitchen for snacks and drinks. Her and I covered the ground with table cloths and splattered glow sticks onto the walls. As these were crappy glow sticks, they did not last long and the effect was not what we wanted.
We made simple sugar cookies to keep us going. The jell-o shots were a little different this time. We did a layer (Half a shot glass) of orange in half the cups and a layer of yellow in the other half. The next day, we did a layer of green on the orange and a layer of blue on the yellow. We used a small box of each colour. BIG hit.
I made the play list this time around (as electronic music is my area of love). A lot of thumping bass.
This was the first party we had to have the police show up. It seems our neighbour called them. As before every party, we tell both our neighbours that we are having a party and I give out my cell phone number. As they did not try to call us or come over, the police could only tell us to quiet down. I was sober and talked to them and they seemed pleasant enough. I would recommend both talking to neighbours and brushing up on your local noise laws. Keep speakers away from adjoining walls can also help.
Some people went all out for this. A lot of flashing lights and glow things came from the dollar store but worked great anyways. I had neon yellow shorts and t-shirt and SO MANY GLOW STICKS. We, unfortunately, have no pictures from this night.
No comments:
Post a Comment